Sn0wbreeze is a tool which enables users to jailbreak their iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad or AppleTV as long as it is running iOS 5.x or 6.x. Newer versions may also support iOS 7 but not as of this article.
The problem assists in freeing you from the chains imposed by Apple and can provide you with the ability of adding additional functionality or cool features to your hardware.
Depending on the device you own and wish to run this tool on, you should always follow the advice of the developer so as to not bricking your phone/device or deactivate it.
The program is useful and for the most part, easy to use as long as you follow the instructions. Using this program is at your own risk!sn0wbreeze features and highlights:
- iFaith Mode: Selecting this mode will allow you to create a custom IPSW containing previously saved SHSH blobs
- Simple Mode: This mode will begin creating a custom pre-Jailbreak IPSW without selecting any customization options
- Expert Mode: This mode will present to you options for customizing your Jailbreak before creating your custom pre-Jailbroken IPSW. This includes setting your root partition, selecting pre-installed packages etc.
- Baseband Preservation Mode: This particular mode is only useful if you wish to upgrade your iPhone to the latest firmware version without updating your baseband. It will not Jailbreak your iPhone in the process
- General: The general section contains customization options such as enabling battery percentage, hacktivating the iPhone, installing SSH and setting your root partition size
- Unlocks: If your iPhone is running a baseband version that can be software unlocked then this section will be available. Very few baseband versions can be software unlocked, so it is unlikely this section will be available.
- Custom Boot Logos: When custom boot logos can be applied to your iOS device this section will be available. Custom boot logos will replace the default Apple logo that appears when your reboot your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad
- Custom Packages: This section will allow you to specify pre-installed Cydia packages that will automatically be installed on your iOS device. You can browse through a variety of repositories and even add external ones
- Build IPSW: Upon clicking the Build IPSW option your custom firmware file will begin being created
- For iOS 3.1.3, 3.2.x, 4.0.x, 4.1, 4.2.1 to 4.2.8, 4.3 to 4.3.3, 4.4.3, 4.4.4, 5.0.1, 5.0.2, 5.1.1, 5.2, 6.0.x, 6.1, 6.1.2, 6.1.3
sn0wbreeze is licensed as Freeware for Windows (32-bit and 64-bit) operating system / platform from iphone tools without restrictions. sn0wbreeze 2.9.14 is available to all software users as a free download (Freeware).
This firmware updater software is filed under:
- sn0wbreeze Download
- Freeware iPhone Tools
- Open source and GPL software
- Major release: sn0wbreeze 2.9
Compatibility with this firmware updater software may vary, but will generally run fine under Microsoft Windows 10, 8, 8.1, 7, Vista and XP on either a 32-bit or 64-bit setup. A separate x64 version of sn0wbreeze may be available from iH8sn0w.